According to Road Traffic Law, fleet managers have to regularly check that all their vehicle drivers hold a current driving licence.
However, in day-to-day operations, many people neglect this obligation - with serious consequences: That is because, according to road traffic regulations, a vehicle holder risks a fine or even imprisonment if he allows somebody to drive a vehicle who does not own the necessary driving licence, or who has been banned from driving.
- In practice, carrying out driving licence checks is often difficult - especially in companies with a non-centralised structure.
- It requires a great deal of documentation work.
- Due to the unclear legal situation, legal security is barely possible.
- For a monthly fee of EUR 3 (plus VAT) per vehicle, Sixt in teamwork with the TÜV testing institute assumes for you as the vehicle holder the statutory obligation of checking the driving licences of your vehicle users twice a year.
- You receive a monthly report with an overview of all the checks carried out along with the results.
- Additionally, you have 24-hour online access to the data saved by TÜV so you can check, alter, adjust and view reports and invoices.
- You save time and money by delegating your obligation as a vehicle holder
- You gain legal security because an officially recognised expert checks the driving licences and documents the results